Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The Mission of HFS What is a Biblical Worldview? Reply To: What is a Biblical Worldview?

• Peter Barber

July 30, 2021 at 1:39 pm

<div>These are great questions:</div><div>

1) I think a biblical worldview comes from a Christian – one who’s trusted in Jesus and His Cross for salvation – who as such has the Holy Spirit within, Who enables the Christian to accept the Bible and submit to it. The Christian can then develop a biblical worldview by letting the Holy Spirit speaking in Scripture be the ultimate authority over history, science and every field of study and area of life. Finally, a biblical worldview requires letting God be His own interpreter of His Word. That is, the Bible must be read plainly, with Scripture interpreting Scripture.

2) Didn’t Ronald Reagan say that freedom is only ever one generation from disappearing? (paraphrased) That’s also true of the biblical worldview. Our children, the next generation, must learn what I outlined in number 1, and see that we make the truth and authority of Scripture our top priority.

3) I began in 2006, during my first pilgrimage to Israel, to respond to the LORD’s call both to develop and to pass on the biblical worldview. In the past few months, I’ve made the next step in doing so by founding the Together in Christ – Christian Education Ministry (www.togetherinchristu.com), and by God’s grace, this fall, I’ll roll out the first 4 courses at Together in Christ University (www.togetherinchristu.com/university): Jesus and Myth (based on my new book by the same name); Intro. to the Bible and Theology; Creation, Science and Faith; and, Grace, Not Law: Paul’s Letter to the Galatians.
    </div>