Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The Mission of HFS What is a Biblical Worldview? Reply To: What is a Biblical Worldview?

• Thomas Donlon

July 23, 2021 at 10:54 am

Dr. Brian Rickett’s course on a Christian Worldview is a great reminder, refresher, introduction to the nature of God and his attributes. Paul prayed that the church would understand and benefit from a true knowledge of God. God is willing to provide us with “incomparably great power” to accomplish his will through us. (Ephesians 1:18) And in Ephesians 3 Paul writes that his prayers for the church were for us to understand the love of Christ and that God’s power “is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us”. (Eph. 3:20 NIV)

And this ties in nicely with the current Monthly Focus that makes a great case for how God used the prayers and efforts of one man and then a hundred or so to do great works and reach many, many people for God.

At times in my life, I prayed many of Paul’s prayers regularly for the church. Though this isn’t one of the those times, I might start doing that again. Just look up the phrase “I pray” and you can see several of Paul’s powerful prayers.