Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles Genesis 1:2 and the Parting of the Red Sea Reply To: Genesis 1:2 and the Parting of the Red Sea

• Michele Rousseau

July 4, 2021 at 10:48 am

I have to add that I am so thankful to have been looking at the writings of the Bible from a new lense of the Red Sea miracle and the plagues. I did not really “zoom in” on how much of the narratives and poetic writings mention the events of the wonders that God performed in Egypt!

I am so thankful to be part of this community.

Thank you, Deborah Hurn, for your clarification about narrative vs. poetic writings in the Bible.

I just want to end with this particular passage from the Psalms:

“Our fathers in Egypt did not understand Your wonders; they did not remember the multitude of Your mercies, but rebelled by the sea – the Red Sea. Nevertheless He saved them for His name’s sake, that He might make His mighty power known. He rebuked the Red Sea also, and it dried up; so He led them through the depths, as through the wilderness. He saved them from the hand of him who hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy. The waters covered their enemies; there was not one of them left. Then they believed His words; they sang His praise.” (Psalm 106: 7-12)