Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The Red Sea Miracle Red Sea Miracle As Told Generations Later Reply To: Red Sea Miracle As Told Generations Later

• Michele Rousseau

June 23, 2021 at 7:10 am

Hello Donna,

Thank you for responding. I too believe that the core of telling historical events over generations is to know that the event happened and to gain wisdom or to be stirred up in faith. Of course, there is the negative side of that, which rears its ugly head through superstitions, fears and such.

However, the biblical accounts, especially in the Psalms, of being freed from Egyptian slavery by the “hand of God” through miraculous events, and being supernaturally protected in Goshen by God through most of the plagues happening around them had to be amazing evidence of God whom we cannot see. And I am so thankful that God instructed them “to teach” these things to the children throughout the generations. I am so glad that God desires FAITH above science. (Luke 18:8 – …Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth? NKJV)

I am descended from Cherokee and Seminole, and I have learned that the family historians are to be respected and treasured in their gift to tell the history. Thank you for sharing that cultural perspective.