Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The Mission of HFS What is a Biblical Worldview? Reply To: What is a Biblical Worldview?

• Michele Rousseau

June 20, 2021 at 10:27 pm

This might seem a strange response, but I first thought that a biblical world view is NOT that the earth is flat. A biblical world view is NOT that the earth happened from a big bang. A biblical world view is NOT that animals and humans evolved from a sea form. These views do not agree with the Bible, so it was more logical for me to first think of what is NOT a biblical world view.

I think Jesus summarized a biblical world view when He said that we should love the Lord our God with all our hearts, and love our neighbors as ourselves. If we view the world through His instruction to do this, then we will be seeking first the kingdom of God and its righteousness. The impact of doing this will certainly have a positive change on our culture; otherwise, Jesus would not have counseled us to do these things.

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts in this discussion. Thank you, and to Timothy Mahoney, the free course sounds very interesting. I will look into it. Blessings to all.