MemberJune 3, 2021 at 12:00 pm
I don’t understand the conclusion of these experts that you quote. I did a study of the location of Midian years ago. It was very easy to locate Midian by the clear statements in the Bible.
1. Mount Horeb is another name for Mount Sinai
And he gave to Moses, when he had finished speaking with him on Mount Sinai, the two tablets of the testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.
There was nothing in the ark except the two tablets of stone that Moses put there at Horeb, where the LORD made a covenant with the people of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt.
2. Mount Sinai/Horeb is in Arabia
Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia;
3. Mount Sinai/Horeb is in the land of Midian. Moses led the sheep of his father-in-law to the western side of Midian where the mountain is located.
Now Moses was keeping the flock of his father-in-law, Jethro, the priest of Midian, and he led his flock to the west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God.
4. Kadesh-barnea is just east of the Jordan River. Mount Sinai/Horeb in Midian is 11 days’ journey from Kadesh-barnea
Your fathers did this, when I sent them from Kadesh-barnea to see the land.
It is eleven days’ journey from Horeb by the way of Mount Seir to Kadesh-barnea.
5. Midian is a neighbor of Moab and is near the land of Israel.
Then the people of Israel set out and camped in the plains of Moab beyond the Jordan at Jericho.
And Moab said to the elders of Midian, “This horde will now lick up all that is around us, as the ox licks up the grass of the field.
Husham died, and Hadad the son of Bedad, who defeated Midian in the country of Moab
6. Midian was so close to Israel that the entire story of Gideon dealt with the invasion of the Midianites
So Midian was subdued before the people of Israel, and they raised their heads no more. And the land had rest forty years in the days of Gideon.
7. Paran is between Midian and Egypt. Paran neighbors Israel
They set out from Midian and came to Paran and took men with them from Paran and came to Egypt,
And they came to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation of the people of Israel in the wilderness of Paran, at Kadesh
Is it not clear to you from what is contained in the Bible itself?