Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles Naturalistic vs. spectacular supernatural Reply To: Naturalistic vs. spectacular supernatural

• Deborah Hurn

May 28, 2021 at 8:42 pm

Hi Thomas. Good to hold all possibilities in play. Sodom ties into my exodus research in a few peripheral ways:

1. Sodom et al in the Dead Sea valley would verify the direction of the ancient route between Kadesh and the northern Arabah via Wadi Zin (Gen 14), taken by Israel during the wilderness wanderings.

2. I am looking to see whether evidence for cataclysm supports (i.e. pre-dates) Anati’s view re the exodus/wanderings remains in the Sinai-Negev.

3. If Sodom is in the Jordan Valley I would expect some references in the exodus, judges, and monarchy with all the to-and-fro through the Jordan Valley. But all we have is Abel-Shittim and Beth-Jeshimoth and all the Beth-/Baal-/Rosh- shrines of the surrounding slopes.

Thomas, I don’t look for concessions or changes of mind and will never comment on them 🙂 You could just as well change back again, haha. In fact you know you do! tch 😉