Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles Naturalistic vs. spectacular supernatural Reply To: Naturalistic vs. spectacular supernatural

• Deborah Hurn

May 22, 2021 at 11:53 pm

OK, so now I am reading Steve Collin’s responses on the BiblePlaces blog and there are a lot of red flags; his tone is unprofessional. He uses words like “clear”, “correct”, “incontrovertible”, and “beyond question” for his own view for Sodom in the Jordan Valley, and “comical”, “amusing”, “categorically nonsensical”, and “silly” when describing the traditional view for Sodom in the Dead Sea Valley. If I wrote like that for my Har Karkom option for Mount Sinai, not only would my academic supervisors smack me down, I would get very negative feedback from anyone I spoke- or presented to. I am actually disappointed when biblical apologists write or speak like this. It gives us all a bad name. These are big issues, the foundational historical stories of the Bible, the basis of our Judaeo-Christian faith. They deserve to be carefully considered and respectfully debated.