Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles Naturalistic vs. spectacular supernatural Reply To: Naturalistic vs. spectacular supernatural

  • Thomas Donlon

    Member
    May 19, 2021 at 11:36 am

    Destruction of Sodom. Naturalistic or spectacularly supernatural? I might even add disagreements over the location of Sodom, disagreements over when the Bible says it would have happened. And we have opinions and great uncertainties about C-14 dating particularly in the middle east.

    https://www.timesofisrael.com/evidence-of-sodom-meteor-blast-cause-of-biblical-destruction-say-scientists/

    The newest radiocarbon dating results reported on an internet chat in the last month has the radiocarbon dating 92% probability that the date range of Tall Al-Hammans destruction by fire and blast is 1753-1611 BC. So there is an 8% chance the dating lies outside that range. But also David Rohl has pointed out that radiocarbon dates are often “calibrated” to fit standard chronology of other items in the area.

    So, I don’t really know what to make of the dates. But y’all might find the article interesting anyways.