Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence in Egypt for the Exodus Late date (Ramesses) vs. various early dates Reply To: Late date (Ramesses) vs. various early dates

• Ron Bublitz

May 19, 2021 at 10:01 am

Thanks so much for your reply. Fantastic to get confirmation like this. You don’t know how lonely it is to do this research and have no one even interested in it. I have tried to talk to all the pastors I’ve known, sought out profs at theological schools, tried to contact well-known prophecy teachers. No one will give me the time of day. Always rejection and sometimes hostile derision. It’s like no one wants to think and examine things logically anymore. I’ve sat on this information for more than 10 years already.

As to the calendar, I don’t have all the answers to that one. I can only tell you my opinion. There seems to have been a concerted effort to hide key information so that the dates of Jesus Christ are especially not known. Is that the work of the enemy? Or did God purposely hide it so that it wasn’t so obvious? I have read some words in the Jewish literature that they did not want any connection with Jesus Christ as Messiah so that could play a role here too.

The common knowledge that year 1 AD marks the birth of Jesus Christ is pretty much confirmed to not be accurate by scholars who investigate this. Just one of many proofs is that Herod the Great was already dead in 1 AD. The monk who set the modern Christian calendar did not leave his math tables and no one has been able to work out how he set 1 AD.

Also everyone seems to think the birth of Jesus is the important year. I would suggest and it seems to be evident in my research, that the year of His death/resurrection is actually the important year marker. That is the year of the world’s salvation.

What’s more, people who have looked into this do find that there are a series of definite 1000 year ages. With my research, the dates coincided very well.

Creation
    1000 – death of Enoch (within a few years)

2000 – death of Noah, birth of Abraham (within a few years)

3000 – the first temple is completed (to the year)

4000 – the death/resurrection of Jesus Christ (to the year)

5000 – (haven’t found any major reason)

6000 – the probable return of Jesus Christ (to the year); beginning of 1000 year reign

7000 – the end of Earth time

It gets even more interesting when researching the Jewish calendar since that should be what is used to date events with the Jewish people and the Bible. Almost all scholarly works that I have read and any historian that I’ve managed to talk to uses the modern Jewish calendar to set dates in antiquity. I’m so very surprised at this. There does not seem to be an understanding of history going on. Do people not recognize that the modern Jewish calendar was set by HIllel II in the 4th century AD? What evidence is there that this was the calendar used before that time? People just assume it was and use it to set dates centuries before.

The modern Jewish calendar can not be correct. It has noticeable calendric drift over the centuries. The requirement that the first month be based on both observation of the New Moon AND the state of winter wheat for religious festivals was removed by Hillel. Of course, there was no more need since the Temple was destroyed and the majority of the Jewish population had been dispersed. Even if they wanted to, the state of the world did not allow for reporting of the wheat harvest in a timely manner.

So that was the first clue I had to work through. What was the calendar like before that? When you study the life cycle of winter wheat in that area of the world, you find that God set it to be used like clock work. It does flower/fruit roughly around the spring equinox (that’s why Hillel used the equinox) but it occurs slightly before. That is the first discrepancy which makes the modern method inaccurate.

Second, because of the calendric drift, the start year of the intercalation cycle needs to be known. The intercalation cycle is the Metonic cycle of 18 years – 2 or 3 year gaps between adding an extra month to keep the calendar in sync with the solar year. Which one of 3 possible years should you start the Metonic cycle on?

If you work out the state of the winter wheat, this will keep the intercalation cycle correct throughout history. I’m just amazed that God used this in this way. So you can work it out and see that the modern Jewish calendar is one year off in its intercalation start year. This means, relying on the modern calendar to date historical events is totally inaccurate. This is what has lead to wrong dates by scholars for Jesus’ birth and death specifically. And a lot more.

How else can this be confirmed? It was like Indiana Jones. I found a long out of print book that dealt specifically with all the calendars of the cultures of the area. It was published in the 1850’s and hasn’t been published since. The work is a translation of a moslem scholar who wrote in circa 1000AD and lived in the area. He outlined how all the calendars worked. He included mathematical tables. One of his tables was the series of Metonic cycles used and the year that the cycle started for certain cultures. The start year used in the Babylon area was different from the start year in the syrian area and was different from the modern Jewish calendar. Here was written proof that the intercalation cycle started in the same year as the life cycle of winter wheat that I had worked out.

And again, no Biblical historian wants to hear any of this. You would think they would love to find out this information. But I suppose the whole house of cards is built so high that no one can threaten their foundations. And who am I – I’m a nobody – not in their circle and could not possibly know anything about anything.

And once you investigate how God has used eclipses to mark most of the significant events in Jewish history, your mind will explode. But these can only be seen if you use the proper intercalation method so that the dates match up exactly.