Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence in Egypt for the Exodus Late date (Ramesses) vs. various early dates Reply To: Late date (Ramesses) vs. various early dates

• Deborah Hurn

May 19, 2021 at 7:16 am

Ron, for my MA thesis (not examined because I got upgraded to a PhD program after one year) I compared the Passover weeks of the exodus (from Egypt) and eisodus (to Canaan) with the progression of events in Holy Week. On 29 April in this thread:

How many days and how far per day to the sea?

I explained how the water crossing came halfway in each of these weeks (the week after the first Passover and the week before the first Passover in the Land). Someone ^^ was/is having a lot of fun with patterns and numbers. And left them there for us to find out 1000s of years later.

I can confirm the first Passover and the crucifixion were both on Wednesday, and can also confirm that the relevant year when Passover fell on Wednesday was 31 CE. I wasn’t aware that 31 CE fell on the 4th year of a ‘Sabbath’ cycle of years, or that this might also have been the case for Jesus’ birth year. And that this pattern continues all the way back to Creation, and forward to the eschaton.

But this kind of mathematical precision doesn’t surprise me, in fact I would expect it. I discovered that the whole wilderness itinerary is organised in sets of three, i.e. everything is in threes. The journey proceeds in three stages (Goshen to Sinai, Sinai to Kadesh, Kadesh to Jordan), hence three starting points and three destinations. There are three stations per region all the way from Goshen to the Jordan River. Three water miracles, three wind miracles, three sets of three days, three battles in the Cisjordan, three in the Transjordan, and on and on. Scores of sets of three.

I am surprised nonetheless that you think the 6000-year mark since Creation is still coming up. Who got the calendar wrong, then, and how?