Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The Mission of HFS Biblical Worldview Crisis Reply To: Biblical Worldview Crisis

• Gary & Cherri Mormino

May 12, 2021 at 1:33 pm

Thank you for the interview. The statistics are very sobering. I was a children’s pastor in the 80s and 90s. Even then statistics showed that the overwhelming majority of conversions happened before the age of 14. However, most churches put their resources toward adult and teen ministries which I always felt was a mistake.

Since we discovered Patterns of Evidence DVDs last year, we have gifted them and other Christian resources to family members and friends. We are mostly home during COVID, but we’ve tried to continue reaching out to others through sending Christian books/movies and by living a Christian witness to our neighbors. We sometimes gift Christian books to our neighbor children and their parents as well.

I am encouraged that God has laid the burden on your heart to create and develop resources to teach a Christian world view to our children. When our sons were in youth group, the youth pastor put a strong emphasis on teaching a Christian world view and there was a set of DVDs called “The Truth Project” by Focus on the Family (Del Tacket) that was shown and discussed with the teens in Sunday School. The Truth Project’s focus was adults, but I think the Biblical concepts taught there could be adapted and taught to children. We purchased the DVD set and watched it again with our teens at home. When our nephews came to Christ we passed the set on to my sister and her family.

I will be praying with you for God’s direction on developing media content for children. I’ve been out of ministry for many years, but I have a MA in Christian Education (Assemblies of God Theological Seminary) and have written some curriculum for children (I also worked at the Gospel Publishing House in the 1990s) and would be happy to help in anyway.