Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The Mission of HFS Biblical Worldview Crisis Reply To: Biblical Worldview Crisis

• Randy McCracken

May 12, 2021 at 5:50 am

This was a very sobering and eye-opening discussion. Thank you Tim and Dr. Barna. I didn’t realize that worldviews were formed at such a young age. It’s also distressing to hear that only 6% of Americans have a biblical worldview. I knew it was bad, but wow!

As a Bible College teacher I can affirm that teaching young adults in a classroom situation is not enough. Sadly, I have seen many former students leave the faith, even though they seemed to have a good relationship with the Lord and could provide all the right answers in class and on exams. The competing worldviews in the world today are very powerful. But they are powerful, not only because of our sinful flesh, but as Dr. Barna noted, because there is a spiritual battle going on.

One thing I would add to the discussion is the need for prayer. A spiritual battle must be fought with spiritual weapons. I would also note, that although one’s worldview might be formed very early, we should not despair. The Holy Spirit has the power to shatter false worldviews. I’m sure everyone of us as believers have seen this happen. So let me conclude by saying again that prayer is an important ingredient in this battle and trusting in the power of the Spirit to bring transformation. We cannot do this in our own strength.

Thanks again for this great discussion and all of the informative videos being produced by HFS. God bless!