Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The Mission of HFS Biblical Worldview Crisis Reply To: Biblical Worldview Crisis

• Keisuke Matsumoto

May 12, 2021 at 3:58 am

Thank you very much for the inspiring interview with Dr. Barna.

I was remembering the following scriptures as I heard Dr. Barna say God uses the remnants to restore the Biblical worldview:

They asked each other, ‘Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?’ Luke 10:32

You have been brought here so I can show you many things. Then you will return to the people of Israel and tell them everything you have seen. Ezekiel 40:4

The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. 2 Chronicles 16:9

When I lead our Sunday school classes I occasionally get asked by our students where the era of hunting and gathering in ancient Japan, which is allegedly the oldest period of the history of our country, or so they learn in school, fits in the chronology based on Biblical worldview. I smile at these occasions because it is like a God given moment to speak to the hearts of these kids. I can not only explain to them the Biblical history but also give them a chance to rethink who our ancestors came from, which changes dramatically who they think they are.

History and worldview are deeply connected, and teaching history to our next generation really helps them build their worldview.

There are lots of Japanese anime(cartoons) available with subtitles in different languages. And manga translated into different languages too. They have the power to influence the mind of kids and even the parents. They can be used as a tool to teach Biblical worldview to our next generation.

Looking forward to the next videos! Thank you again for making it happen!