Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Existence of the Israelites in Egypt Origins of the Hebrews: New Evidence for Israelites in Egypt from Jos to the Exo Reply To: Origins of the Hebrews: New Evidence for Israelites in Egypt from Jos to the Exo

• Jennifer Bartlett

April 28, 2021 at 7:52 pm

Thank you for your kind response to my many questions. I didn’t initially intend to bombard you; I just kept thinking of things as I asked. I appreciate your willingness to answer. I look forward to seeing the evidence that links Joseph’s family in the inscriptions you described, as well as support for Joseph in Lahun and other details. I lack the full context to understand why the Manasseh-Hebeded connection is so strong, but I’ll wait to read more on Manasseh.

The Hyksos are one of the biggest Egyptian mysteries to me, the reason for my question. I’ve seen them variously identified with Israelites, Amorites, and a few others, but I don’t think I’ve heard of them being from as far north as you’re suggesting. Would you care to elaborate on evidence for this identification? I have been inclined to take Josephus at face value for most things. I’m curious to know why that might not be wise in this instance.

I wouldn’t begin to know why Manasseh would invent a script if there was already one in existence; I understand your point, here. Although I tend to lean toward a short sojourn view, I’m not defending any particular view; just trying to understand how all the details fit together.

As for my other questions about how the languages all interrelate, I appreciate the birds-eye view. Thanks again for sharing your insight.

Blessings,

Jenni