Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles Naturalistic vs. spectacular supernatural Reply To: Naturalistic vs. spectacular supernatural

• Deborah Hurn

April 26, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Hi H Family. Good to see that you are willing to allow for a local natural ‘mechanism’ for the Jordan River crossing. Perhaps you will consider the evidence for the same for the Red Sea crossing. God works in mysterious ways. He set this all up from the dawn of time. Like one of those fun mousetraps where things swing, roll, tip, and drop along a long course to finally spring the trap. I don’t know how bad the mud would be at the bottom of the Jordan riverbed once the water had drained away. I did ‘self-baptise’ at Bethabara in 2018, such a wonderful experience! The water was very cloudy with silt, but I can’t quite remember how muddy the bottom was. I didn’t sink or slip anyway, it was only about chest height so I had to walk in, not swim. I imagine after the thousands of livestock had crossed over, the mud would all be on their hooves, but then the people might have to worry what else they were stepping in 🙂