Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Existence of the Israelites in Egypt How long was the sojourn in Egypt? Reply To: How long was the sojourn in Egypt?

• Ken Griffith

April 16, 2021 at 10:40 pm

Argumentum ad verecundiam is a logical Fallacy, Dr. Petrovich, as you know perfectly well. I do not argue from credentials, nor do I offer my credentials as a defense. You as a “professional” may safely assume that I know nothing about Egypt whatsoever, and we can argue from there.

I find your work on the origins of Hebrew to be paradigm-shattering and wonderful. And I would agree with your placement of Joseph in the 12th dynasty, although I think Senusret I as Joseph’s Pharaoh is a stronger case than Senusret III due to an inscription from an official in his reign that mentions that nobody went hungry during the years of famine.
    Ironically, the 215 year “suave video guy,” Nathan Hoffman, cites you in his defense of the Septuagint chronogeneology numbers.
    At any rate, the primary weakness of your argument on this subject is that Abraham took a vassal covenant oath to Abimelech the Philistine, descendant of Misraim, in the same year that Isaac was weaned. The land ruled by the tribes of Misraim in Abraham’s day included Palestine. The Septuagint translation of “Egypt and Canaan” was converting the archaic geography of Abraham’s day to the Greek geography of the third century where the Delta was called Egypt and Palestine was called Canaan.