Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for a script Moses could have used to write the Torah Was the Torah originally written in a Semitic alphabet? Reply To: Was the Torah originally written in a Semitic alphabet?

• Bradford Brenneise

April 14, 2021 at 10:43 pm

Hello,

This is my first post and I am just getting to know this messaging system so please bear with me.

I read a book by Dr. Miles R. Jones called “The Writing of God” in which he believes the ancient script that the Torah was probably written in by Moses is known today as Thamudic. According to Dr. Jones, the Proto-Semitic pictographs found in Egypt and the Sinai Peninsula gave birth to Thamudic (used at Sinai in Arabia – found on the rocks), which gave birth to the alphabet of the later ancient Hebrews (like Paleo-Hebrew), the Sabeans, the Dedanites, and Lihyanites.

Dr. Jones makes an interesting argument that what is today called “Thamudic” (mistakenly attributed to a later people) was actually the script that Moses probably wrote the Torah in, and was spread to the ancient nearby peoples during the 40 years of wandering.

This was a very interesting read and I was wondering if anyone else had heard of this and had any thoughts on it.

Thanks,

Brad Brenneise

On a side note, Dr. Jones shows a picture of Timothy Mahoney, Jim and Penny Caldwell, Dr. Lennart Moller, and him sitting around a table during the filming of the movie (that I can only assume was scrapped), “The Exodus Conspiracy,” which seemed to eventually became the Patterns of Evidence movies.