Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Existence of the Israelites in Egypt How long was the sojourn in Egypt? Reply To: How long was the sojourn in Egypt?

• Ron Bublitz

April 14, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Just rereading your timeline about the Exodus and it hit me where I see your error. It is very common for those who are not familiar with Jewish feast days. Yes, Jewish feast days are termed “Sabbaths”. But they are not a Sabbath connected with the 7th day of the week. This is explicitly separated in Lev 23:3 and 4. Feast days can occur on any day of the week (however, the modern Jewish calendar has rules about moving these around).

So, while Nisan 15 was a Sabbath(First day of Unleavened Bread), it does not necessarily mean it was on Saturday. The beginning of the month was tied to the observation of the New Moon – even though that very first month, God initiated the start of the year without that system in place. Passover always takes place on the Full Moon. This obviously is not tied to any particular day of the week. So with all the time cues in Exodus, the Passover must have occurred on a Wednesday with the start of the month/year on a Thursday.

Btw, this is exactly why that particular day order is so significant. That specific day order only happens sporadically. I discovered that day order happened during the Exodus, during Creation week, during Jesus Christ’s birth year, year of death/resurrection and very likely His second coming.