Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles In this society, how is something recognized as a miracle? Reply To: In this society, how is something recognized as a miracle?

• Thomas Donlon

April 9, 2021 at 2:11 am

Hi Michele,

I recollect being passionate about sections of the Bible and reading and rereading certain books or letters in it day after day for quite a while. There is value sometimes in rereading some portions of scriptures. I’m pleased to see your love for scripture.

I was wondering how to respond about what you said about Einstein. I’ve got the fortune/misfortune of seeing people on many different levels. His scientific insights were immense. Yet other stories suggest that he lacked some aptitude in other areas. Some of the stories are rather funny … but dear.

Among the over 9,000 people on the HFS society is George Barna who was famous for polling and a lot of high level social research studies. I just found that one of his few HFS connections is to HFS thinker Matt Brown. Matt’s HFS profile shares that he hosts a podcast and I decided to explore it. I just spent about 35 minutes listening to one podcast, whose description caught my attention.

https://www.accessmore.com/episode/Ep-32-Dr-G-shares-how-science-can-lead-us-to-God

Matt Brown interviewed this Dr. G. This is a conversion story of an atheist, scientist and I’m interested to listen some more to Dr. G. for he has his own podcast. Matt described his interview with Dr. G. and Dr G’s background the following way.

<div>”Do you ever wonder about how science and God can fit together? My guest today is Dr. G. He has taught science at Harvard, has been a featured scientist on ABC News, Good Morning America, Nightline, 20/20 and World News Tonight for many years, and in the process he has won 3 Emmys. His story about how his love for science led him to faith in God is one you won’t want to miss.”</div><div>

</div>

The interview is a little on the lines of some of what Tim featured regarding John Lennox. For those that enjoyed that type of science they should also enjoy the podcast linked above. He has a more interesting conversion story though. He didn’t grow up Christian he actually studied a bunch of other religions and had almost no interest in studying Christianity because he thought Christians were anti-science. But someone wanted to read the Bible … and he accepted the invitation to join in. And his motives initially was not a real curiosity about the Bible. I’m not sure I fully understand the conversion that he went through, but I think I’ll want to learn more about the Dr. G.

I think I’m fortunate that the HFS society has opened up a lot of doors for me to learn different things and connect with a number of gifted people.

Yet I’ve got so much more to learn… but His blessings of knowledge and grace are immense.

May God guide you in all your learning and service, … blessings in the heavenly realms.