Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles Naturalistic vs. spectacular supernatural Reply To: Naturalistic vs. spectacular supernatural

• Thomas Donlon

March 14, 2021 at 10:29 pm

Deborah, the moon is hard to see during mid day, but looking carefully I can sometimes find it.

I didn’t think of this till you mentioned it. But if we can get some idea of the relative locations Joshua was at when he noted the position of the sun and the moon this can help narrow down the time of month when this event took place. Someone would have to figure out where Joshua was standing and the relative positions of the moon and the sun which were said to be over.

"Sun, stand still over Gibeon, and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."

In another comet I just made I noted how some astronomers had retro-calculated the position of Halley’s comet making an extremely close pass by the earth. They had a date. But then again unless the date can retrocalculate the position of the moon (which is easy enough to do) the comet might have a wide tail and maybe a debri field that isn’t exactly on center with the core of the comet. And then you have a different date in mind for the Exodus… I think…

This is like a big puzzle with lot’s of pieces to put together. Maybe I should get some sleep?