Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles The ten plagues Reply To: The ten plagues

• Thomas Donlon

March 5, 2021 at 12:07 pm

Hi Deborah,

I know I heard something about that in the past several weeks as I was on a podcast binge of a scholarly Christian, who has a less literal view of the Bible than I do. I listened through a six part podcast series the guy (Pete Enns) did called Pete Ruins Exodus. It has transcripts available (which could be searched using CNTRL-F ) but I don’t think it was in that series. I listened to about two other interviews or podcasts he did including one with language scholar Rollins or Rollston (one of the critics of Petrovich who doesn’t believe the Hebrew language evolved before 900BC) but I don’t think it was in that podcast either. Looking back though I can’t locate the exact podcast I listened to in which he mentioned the pattern of threes in the ten commandments (plus the odd one out) and he didn’t describe it enough to make a compelling or memorable case and I haven’t studied the commandments yet with an eye towards finding a threefold pattern. I had been vacillating about whether to contact you about what he was talking about … but while I was pondering whether to do so … life distractions and general changing priorities made it drop out of my mind. So maybe if you’ve got some book by Peter Enns maybe it is in there.