Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Location of Mount Sinai Attributes of the proposed mountains Reply To: Attributes of the proposed mountains

• Deborah Hurn

February 27, 2021 at 10:49 pm

and a couple more comments in the update:

Dan Geer

Google Maps seems to work in Satellite mode too. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    Any thoughts on the rubbing the rock, emitting a burnt or charcoal scent? Just wondering if that’s what they actually are smelling in the video, and if so, why would it smell that way?

Deborah Hurn

If the patina is of the mineral kind there will be no organic smell. If the patina is from microorganisms (and I have only one claim to that effect, as above) then it is possible that rubbing it may produce a smell. I have never tried rubbing and smelling a patinated stone surface… I will be sure to try if and when I am ever back in the desert. As I have stated many times on this forum, we cannot establish the location of Mount Sinai by ambiguous features. The location can only be established by historical geography, that is, a holistic consideration of *all* the biblical and geographical data. If we have to deny, discount, or distort any of the biblical and geographic data in making our case for one of the mountains, then we 1. either have the wrong site, or 2. we are misunderstanding the evidence.