Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles The ten plagues Reply To: The ten plagues

• Thomas Donlon

February 24, 2021 at 7:00 pm

This question occurred to me earlier in the day while I was working. Perhaps I could try and figure this out for myself. But it would also be good for others to try and figure this out. (I’ve got a lot to try and figure out.) There is a scripture or so discussing the plagues that mentions why a second plague affecting agriculture was relevant. One of them had to do with hail and another with locusts and had to do with growing seasons. We know the time of the Exodus of the Israelites was the springtime and it is celebrated annually by Jews in the days of Passover and unleavened bread. (I also wonder about the feast of unleavened bread lasting for a given number of days … and wonder if this correlates with a journey of the Israelites subsisting off of that… (But this is a slight digression – though possibly very important for understanding the timeline of the initial travels of the Exodus.)

So two destructions of crops (different points of the agricultural year) and a departure in the spring. How long do people think the duration of the ten plagues lasted?