Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles Are miracles still happening today? Reply To: Are miracles still happening today?

• Deborah Hurn

February 6, 2021 at 5:43 am

Francesco your English is perfect. Yes, I like Tim’s questioning process also.

My understanding is that God performs miracles All. The. Time. I don’t distinguish between ‘natural’ and ‘supernatural’ events because we have no way of discerning which processes defy the laws of nature or which are just minor ‘divine interventions’, a little ‘fiddling with the dials’. On earth, God performs miracles on the micro- (personal?) and macro- (political?) scales. If we pray for any kind of change in our own life or others’ lives or in the nations then we are asking God to ‘interfere’.

I see the history of Israel as “one single overall miraculous event”, and I would take it back even earlier than the burning bush and bring it forward much later than the conquest. 😉

For example, in the case of the Exodus we could count a single overall miraculous event or various single miracles, starting from the burning bush and reaching the conquest of the promised land.