Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Evidence for Biblical miracles Are miracles still happening today? Reply To: Are miracles still happening today?

• Francesco Gabellini

February 1, 2021 at 4:21 am

In my humble view, miracles still happen today, but often not in the way we expect them to.

Now I will try to give a brief explanation regarding this answer of mine.

It is natural that all those who believe in the existence of an intelligent and wise supreme creator have the desire to be able to have a good friendship with him and to be able to receive his help, perhaps even in an extraordinary way.

However, sometimes our expectations may prevent us from seeing clearly how God is truly helping us, through miracles. For example, as our friend Timothy explained very well in his film about “Moses Controversy”, the way in which the individual pages of the Bible have reached us is already in itself a great miracle. Although the original writings have been written and then copied several times on highly perishable materials such animal skins, we have concrete evidence through the <st1:place w:st=”on”>Dead Sea</st1:place> scrolls that what is written in the pages of our Bibles is identical to what was originally written.

Furthermore, over time, no other book has been as translated as the books of the Bible.

Finally, it was exciting to discover that even the revolutionary invention of the powerful alphabet may have been encouraged by God himself through his humble servants of the past. All this I call an “extraordinary miracle” and we all benefit from it today.

God is able to surprise us in the way he acts to help people who are well disposed towards him. So, if our desire is to benefit from God’s help through a miracle, we should turn to the Bible and study it carefully to understand how God wishes to help us. As the Timothy Movies demonstrate, this kind of Bible investigation can also be very intriguing. In the Bible we find the answers to many of our questions and therefore we can be sure that there is also God’s answer to the question: “Are miracles still happening today” ?

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (New International Version)

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

In my next post, I will try to make a brief analysis of the things we can learn from reading the Bible carefully and that could provide us with the answer to the question we have asked ourselves about today’s miracles. In the meantime, it will be my pleasure to know what you think of my humble post in this discussion.

Greetings to all of you, lovers of the Bible.