Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Existence of the Israelites in Egypt How long was the sojourn in Egypt? Reply To: How long was the sojourn in Egypt?

• Thomas Donlon

January 6, 2021 at 1:18 am

Hi Deborah, thanks for the tip. I actually intended to have done a reply directly in the thread (at the top of the page where Doug posted first) and for some reason I hit the wrong reply button. The correct technical approach is to hold the cursor over the text you want to reply to and then wait for that little curved arrow to pop up in the top right corner of that particular (post/comment) text block that you are trying to reply to and click that. You obviously know that since you’ve done it. I’m just mentioning it because I messed up and maybe it might help others not to make the same mistake. I’m learning.

It is also always a spiritual battle to make posts and comments with pure motives. Scripture even warns about arguing about “endless genealogies.” Incidentally I also watched a couple video presentations you made. I’m not taking any position on Mount Sinai though I’d prefer it to be in Saudi Arabia. Yet, I found some aspects of your research intriguing. I should probably “connect” with you to discuss this further. But I’ll let you initiate the request if you’d like. But in the interest of the curiosity of readers I like your hydrological approach to understanding the various names of regions in the Bible. Also your placement of Khadesh is intriguing and for simplicity’s sake I’d like that to be true. But I’d have to wade through the Bible and see if Khadesh and Kadesh Barnea (I’m going from memory here) are the same. Your proposal about it being on the cusp or boundary of two different land regions is a delightful idea. But if I do hours of research I’d have just an opinion that could be wrong, so I’ll probably just skip all that for now.