Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Existence of the Israelites in Egypt How long was the sojourn in Egypt? Reply To: How long was the sojourn in Egypt?

• Ron Bublitz

January 4, 2021 at 7:58 pm

There is one Biblical marker for the Nativity year – the 70 Weeks prophecy found in Daniel. The most famous (and accepted) timeline was put forward by Anderson (modified by Hoehner) and they point to the Triumphal Entry supposedly to the day. But this can be easily disproven – it gets very technical – but basically there is no evidence for a modified special year length as they require. Daniel and every single other prophet understood years in the common usage of the concept.
    Everyone gets caught up in which of three decrees the 70 Weeks refer to. But they ALL fail to recognize and plainly read the passage – there was a 4th decree – one given by God Himself to rebuild Jerusalem. When you figure out that year, the entire passage comes together beautifully and elegantly – just like God always does. However, the one big caveat is – and what I’m still trying to discover – is there is no Biblical year date for when Nehemiah started rebuilding Jerusalem. Again, EVERYONE always assumes he did it in the same year as the decree of the king. That is impossible. Logistically there simply is not enough time for Nehemiah to begin at the decree, visit all the locations he did to gather supplies, build a caravan and gather the population together for a trek over hundreds of miles and get to Jerusalem by August 1 (or there abouts) as stated in Nehemiah. You have to read Josephus who gives the actual year date for when Nehemiah started rebuilding – and it was not the same year as the decree. I do not like using extra biblical material – but this is the only corroboration I have been able to find – and then which leads to the actual year of Christ’s birth.

All this is explained in much detail in my book dealing with this subject. There is too much to go into here.