Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Existence of the Israelites in Egypt How long was the sojourn in Egypt? Reply To: How long was the sojourn in Egypt?

• Douglas Petrovich

January 2, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Brad, actually, this video–which I have seen before and know about as having made its rounds among non-professionals–is highly flawed. It, of course, is a popular promotion of the short sojourn view. As I stated in an earlier post, you really need to read my 2019 NEASB article to get into the issues more deeply. While I simply do not have time at present to pick apart the narrator’s arguments, I especially will draw your attention to the hack-job that is done on the Galatians passage, which is not by any stretch the crux passage that solves the issue. If you are too busy to read my entire article, or find it too technical, please at least read the treatment of the Galatians text offered by a trained exegete in biblical languages. I know: it’s tough to shed a view when we get locked in, but if you are open to learning, I think my article will put you on the right path.