Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The 7 Churches of Revelation: Times of Deception The 7 Churches of Revelation: Times of Deception Reply To: The 7 Churches of Revelation: Times of Deception

• Karen Getchel

May 18, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Enjoying your discussion on the Church of Philadelphia.

That was our study last Friday from a character perspective.

You have little strength—by yourself you are really nothing, but keep doing the work of the Lord. Tim mentioned being about the business of the Lord in the video. Yes, we keep doing it–even our little all.

Jesus will open doors that need to open, not us.

Also, that open doors comes from Isaiah

Isa 22:22 “I will put the key to David’s house around his neck. If he opens a door, no one will be able to close it. If he closes a door, no one will be able to open it.

Jesus is the King, he makes the rules. He makes the decisions–so if he calls someone, he calls someone–we cannot decide who is a Christian and who is not–not our call–especially if they bear fruits. Many denominations will deny others a relationship with Jesus because they are not of their denomination: “There is no salvation outside of the Catholic Church”, –and they are not the only ones with this thinking.

These Christians don’t deny Jesus! How can we deny Jesus? By not witnessing, by not obeying him, by not praying. Jesus says those that deny him, he will deny before the Father.

Luk 12:8-9 KJV Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: 9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

Next you talked about the Tribulation

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Everyone who follows Christ will have tribulation–that is a promise. Jesus says in Matt. 24

Mat 24:6-8 KJV And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Ukraine and all the other wars and civil unrest is not the Great Tribulation. They are localized pockets of trouble. The Great Tribulation is equated with the days of Noah. Peter also talks of this time and add the added

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Jude tells us about the Fallen Angels who were bound at the time of the flood–but will be loosed at the time of the Great Tribulation (that is why it is so horrible–you can’t hide from fallen angels)

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

This is what the Little Flock, the Bride of Christ will be saved from. When the Church is taken from the world–the 4 winds are let loose. The 4 Winds are the Great Tribulation. The salt is taken from the world and putrefaction sets in very fast.

Rev 7:1-3 KJV And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Lord bless