Community Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums The 7 Churches of Revelation: Times of Deception The 7 Churches of Revelation: Times of Deception Reply To: The 7 Churches of Revelation: Times of Deception

• Karen Getchel

May 11, 2022 at 3:14 pm

I have seen the first video (and have recently watched many interesting videos). In the 90s and early 2000s, we made several trips to Turkey and 7 churches (its amazing how much these sites have changed since then)

We recently just started a Friday Night Revelation Study. We have studied it for years and recently have had some questions, so we decided to study again from a fresh perspective.

We are first going through the churches as a character study first–which we do believe pertains to every Christian (past, present and future). The comment “hear what the Spirit says to The Churches”–means there is a message from each church to us today. (There is also a Gospel Age history which the Churches show–but that is another study)

We recently studied Thyatira.

It was my sister who actually noticed this about Jezebel.

(EMTV) But I have this against you, that you tolerate your wife Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit fornication and eat things sacrificed to idols.

(Murdock) But I have a charge against thee, because thou sufferest thy woman Jezabel, who saith she is a prophetess, and teacheth, and seduceth my servants to whoredom, and to eating of the sacrifices of idols.

(WEB) But I have this against you, that you tolerate your woman, Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. She teaches and seduces my servants to commit sexual immorality, and to eat things sacrificed to idols.

(ABP+) ButG235 I haveG2192 againstG2596 you,G1473 thatG3754 you allowG863 G3588 your womanG1135 G1473 G3588 Jezebel,

Both the Nicolaitans and the Balaam also are mixed up in sexual immorality. So what makes Jezebel different?

I like the thought in these versions—she is related to you.

Many can stand tall for righteousness till someone close to us is embroiled in it. Then we shut up. So, while we might stand against the Nicolaitans and those after Balaam–but when our children bring home their same sex partners or shack up with someone–we get really silent. Kind of like Eli who let his sons do all kinds of mischief–even after Samuel told him that God was going to punish them.

Those are just my thoughts on Thyatira from our recent study.

From our previous studies on the 7 churches–one of our goals in this new studies is to see the personal application.

Ephesus–they have the Truth down pat–they know and are straight on Doctrine, but they place that above the Love of Christ–and therefore become very legalistic. (comments from David Guzik–have really helped to bring some clarity on this type of study)

(Leaving the Love of Christ–can manifest itself differently–he takes a back seat as above, or we forget why we became Christians in the first place–or it trickles down in love of the brethren)

Thanks for listening. Lord bless.

I enjoyed the livestream the other day.

Karen from Boaz Bible Students.